Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Custom Tables and Frames at SHM Designs

I absolutely love designing furniture and home decor. It is so satisfying to see my visions come to life and I am so lucky to have Mark to make them happen. What I have discovered as an added bonus to Marks many talents is his ability to design beautiful pieces on his on.

This summer I asked Mark to build a custom pedestal table for a client. I showed him a couple of inspirational pictures, but really hadn't finalized anything. In just a few days he had built an amazing table.



I love it! 







Here is a picture of a built-in bench and trestle table that I designed and had Mark build. This kitchen had very little room for a table and chairs.  I decided a built-in would look great nestled beneath the window and would give my client ample seating for her family of four. The table will be stained and the bench will be painted a creamy white.  Custom cushions for the top of the benches and two bolster pillows will be placed in each window for back support.  






Frames are another one of my favorite things to design.  All of that intricate work in the first frame, Mark did completely by hand.  My plan is to turn it into a mirror.  Now, if I could just decide on a color. Any suggestions? All of these frames are available for purchase. So if you see one you like or want to have one custom made, just let me know.



This picture doesn't do this frame justice. The molding is just beautiful! Right now it is just primed but once painted it will look incredible. What do you think; mirror or a cork board?




This frame has already been sold.  I made it into a jewelry board for a client who sells antique and vintage jewelry. 


I painted the board in Annie Sloan Paris Gray and Pure White and covered it in a soft grey velvet. It is a perfect background for her silver, rhinestone jewelry.



Sorry for the messy background. Another frame just begging for paint.



Hope you saw something you like.

Take Care,
Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment