Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fabric Anyone

Well I finally got to the discount fabric store everyone has been talking about. The store is simple called Discount Fabric USA and it is located in downtown Thurmont (MD).  I have been so eager to get there to see if it really stood up to its reputation.  I have to admit, I actually have mixed reviews.



When entering I instantly got excited with the rows and rows of fabric. Unfortunately, with the way they have it displayed, it is very hard to really get a good look at it. And the top rows...forget it.







The prices... Not such a great discount. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think the prices were less then what you would pay retail but not quite the discounted prices I was thinking...... Not even close...


Until I found this row. The bins on the right hand side of this picture are filled with fabrics that are all $5.00 for whatever is on the roll.  Now this is what I am talking about.



They also had a VERY nice selection of cording and fringe which were priced very well.





I was hoping to find a great outdoor fabric that I needed for a client in this aisle, but came up empty handed. Not the right colors for me but a pretty good selection. They are all on sale for 20% off the discount price until the end of April. If you need outdoor fabric this is a GREAT deal!



So all and all just an OK find. Would definitely go back to look in that $5.00 bin. if I was near the area. It is really close to Fredrick which has ALOT of great finds.


Have a wonderful weekend. I will be on the basketball court all weekend. All three of my girls are in tournaments.

Take Care,
Stacy

For help designing a room that makes you smile, contact me and ask about my design services.



No comments:

Post a Comment