Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Outdated Couch Gets an Updated Look!

Well it is finally done and I have to say it looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

A few weeks ago I posted on a couch that I found on Craigslist for a client. Superficially, it was in horrible condition.  I told my client that since the frame was still very solid, with a little imagination and some work, it could be stunning. A definite show stopper!

I am so excited to reveal the before and after pictures for you today. The upholsterer did an incredible job and just really transformed this piece that was well on its way to the dump.

Here are a few reminder pictures of how it looked before:


Believe it or not this picture makes this couch look good.
It was all ripped up, stained and smelled REALLY BAD!


The wood was scratched and the wrong color stain so I sanded down all the wood for a new color.





After a little imagination, alot of patience and work, her is how she looks: ( Sorry, the coloring in these pictures is really bad.)








I took this one on my phone to try to get a brighter picture.


Pretty incredible even with bad pictures. I am going to their house next week and will get some good shots of it then. It is just amazing what a little TLC ( OK alot of TLC) can do to a piece.

I would love to hear what you think.

Take Care,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment