Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Laundry Room Renovation

It is amazing how having a functional "pretty" laundry room can make doing laundry enjoyable OK, maybe that is a slight exaggeration but it definitely isn't something I dread anymore.  In past posts I have talked alot about how color helps set the mood of a room; well that also holds true for even the smallest of rooms; in this case the laundry room. For my laundry room I used Sherwin Williams Pink Flamingo.



I have always wanted to use pink in my house but never had enough guts to do it. So when it came time to renovating my laundry room I instantly thought: THIS IS WHERE I WILL USE PINK AND I DON"T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!.. Believe me, I got alot of funny faces from my family but I didn't care; I was going to do pink and I am so glad I did. I LOVE IT!!!!! The pink against the white bead board has such a fresh, clean look that it makes the room, even when filled with dirty laundry, feel fresh and clean. And those questioning family members...... they love it to. They are shocked at how great it looks. Maybe it will entice them to start doing their own laundry. One can only dream.



Before: (This is a picture with the cabinets already out)




During construction phase:





After: (the computer makes this color look red but it really is the color above)






Mark did an amazing job taking out the existing tub sink, putting up the bead board and building the shelves. The layout of the room is so much more functional; very work friendly. The open shelving allows me to see everything I have and it eliminates clutter. The cabinets became huge dust collectors and areas for me just to shove and hide things.

Well, I hope you have been inspired to create your own "pretty" laundry room. It doesn't have to be a huge change, just some shelves and a little bit of paint. What it just might change is how you feel when doing laundry. It has for me.

Oh by the way, have a ........Happy Valentines Day!

Take Care,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment