Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Friday, March 9, 2012

SHM Design Piece Headed to New York

Isn't it funny how things just unfold right in front of you. Well, the other day I went to the studio (to pay my rent) and ran into this wonderful women who I thought was just spending the day browsing antique and consignment shops (something I just love to do). Anyway, she started looking at a few of my home decor books which got us talking. I discovered that she was really searching for cool pieces for a friend of her daughters apartment. She had decorated her daughters apartment with some great finds she had picked up here and there and her daughters friends were so amazed at how it looked they asked her to do the same for them. She now has a line of young ladies waiting for her to decorate their places with vintage and antique finds. Thus, she is on the search for ALOT of pieces!

After looking around, she decided to get this great little coffee table.  I was not only excited about the sale and opportunity for a rehab (as I call it) but that ..........
they all live in New York City. I don't know why, but having a piece of mine in someones New York apartment just seems so......

HUGE!!!!!

Some of my favorite TV designers live in New York. Two of my absolute FAVORITES are the.......................

 NOVAGRATZ.




They truly have been such an incredible inspiration to me because they aren't afraid to try anything.....and..... they like to mix the old with the new ... which I LOVE TO DO!



Their home in New York.


Half court basketball court in their home.


Dining Room


 The kitchen... LOVE the chandelier.


Sitting Room : they made one wall a garage door so you could open it and bring the outside in. So much fun.


Now back to the coffee table..... The table is this great little piece with a leather top and the most beautifully craved legs.



The first apartment she is decorating is very french inspired. Therefore, we decided to remove the leather top and have Mark, my carpenter, replace it with a new wood top.






After looking at the Annie Sloan color chart, we decided to paint the entire piece with AS Paris Grey and then white wash it with AS Pure White. To finish the piece we would use both the AS clear and dark wax. I love how it turned out.







































I would love to hear what you think.  Have a great weekend!!!

Take Care
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment