Welcome

Welcome to SHM Designs where life is our inspiration. Our company designs interiors and exteriors of homes, furniture and accessories. We are passionate about creating a home which is not only beautiful, but comfortable and functional as well. Our number one goal in every design is to create such a feeling that all you can do is SMILE!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Home Projects

Have you ever finally decided to start A project in your home and then the next thing you know you have 15 projects going on at the same time. Well that is exactly what has happened to me.  As you know I decided   to change my downstairs work room into a showroom /office. A very BIG project but one I was excited to do.  Now go back about a year, my daughters decided they wanted to have  "older" looking bedrooms.  We decided to start with Sara's room (she is the oldest) and then move down in age.  I started her room, but got to a point (mind you, we only had the desk and the wall paint) where she couldn't make any final decisions. Every week she would change her mind.  So we put the project on hold. Of course as soooon as I dive into the project downstairs she decides she knows exactly what she wants and wants to get things moving again.

I say to myself that's fine, I can handle both of these projects at the same time, start a company and continuing working with my existing clients.   Women are great at multitasking! First item on Sara's list hardwood floors (actually they have always been on my list for all of the bedrooms). So I call Mark (a great carpenter that works on alot of projects for me) and I go to order the floors. I quickly find out that it is more cost effective to order ALL of the flooring at the same time.  That means flooring for 4 bedrooms and a family room.

Yes my friends, I now have to tear up 6 rooms pretty much at the same time and continue on with my "normal" life. And if you personally know me, normal is not apart of my life!

Needless to say we are just going to take a leap of faith, hope my marriage can handle this added chaos, and move forward.

Here are a couple of before pictures of Sara's now empty bedroom and what the rest of my house looks likes. So much fun.






Hallway upstairs now storing furniture.

Sara has moved into the guestroom. Isn't it great!

The dining room is perfect for holding wood.

If I am a little late on my blogs, you now know why. Can anyone say CRAZY !!!!

Take Care,
Stacy

You to can have your house look like this, contact me and ask me about my design services.

Believe it or not I am still SMILING! I am actually having fun. I love design.

No comments:

Post a Comment